View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 09:37 AM   #128
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm still on the fence about the value of the "highly competitive" travel stuff for kids under 10. It puts a lot of pressure on these kids and probably takes the fun out of it....and we wonder why there is such a drop off in participation when the kids get to the age to compete for their schools.
I only played tee ball growing up, two years. Pretty sure it was before all this travel league nonsense they have going on these days.

I quit before little league because quite frankly, I sucked. I mean I got better over the two years going from right field, to left, to 3rd. But man, I never ever have had an arm. Not bad with a glove but couldn't throw. And I knew it, so knew it wasn't for me, so I ended it there. A pickup game was fine but all the practices and games. I'd just rather be doing something else. I'm sure that's where a lot of kids are after years of doing it.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.