View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 09:36 AM   #127
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Oh for sure. There are definitely shit coaches and a majority of parents are garbage at that age. All they want to do is win and their kid to score all the goals.

My daughters last coach that caused us to move clubs was a guy who had experience coaching high school girls. Everyone found that out and thought it would be awesome. Turns out he has no clue how to work with younger kids. Practices were him letting the girls goof around and when it came to games…..he would ask the girls what position they wanted to play that game. I heard that and was done. These kids need guidance and by that age….most kids have positions that their skills fit.

Needless to say, my 11 year old’s skills declined because there was never any technical work and it just became the kids kicking a ball around with no guidance. Every game was them getting their ass kicked. They won one game and that was because the coach was gone that day.

She’s thriving in her new club and she’s grown so much but she’s still behind the kids in her age group because she lost a year of development when the other girls didn’t.
Yeah, I'll tap out on soccer around 10 because that's when you need to be able to identify and cultivate those individual skills to fit certain roles. That's beyond my pay grade (except I know one girl on my oldest kids team is a born center mid - absolute fireplug that goes 100 mph the whole game, fast as hell and physical).

I think it was Lalas that said years ago that USA Soccer's biggest problem is that they don't emphasize individual skills enough at younger levels. So they spend so much time focusing on scheme and fit that these players don't end up versatile enough to operate at high levels. I can see some truth to that.

And ultimately it's just a line I know I wouldn't be able to walk.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.