View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 01:14 PM   #58
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

So I'm snooping around the 2007 draft (it's when we took Marmol).

It's also the year we took Pete Kozma and one that John Mozeliak has openly admitted was so bad that it to them changing how they approach the draft. And yes, I always knew it was bad but mostly because I was white-hot pissed the second they took Kozma over Rick Porcello.

But I didn't realize HOW bad.

Would you believe that the Cardinals actually got a negative WAR out of that draft? They could've literally skipped the draft altogether and been better off. And what's more amazing still is that 80% of the positive value of that draft came from one guy - Sam Freeman - who racked up 2.9 WAR...1.9 of them for Atlanta.

That's just a hilariously awful draft. -1.9 WAR from a whopping 13 players to make a single big league appearance out of 52 selected. And that's if you give them credit for WAR that ended up being earned elsewhere.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.