View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 08:15 AM   #12215
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post
china sold some shit tests

Spain, Europe's worst-hit country after Italy, says coronavirus tests it bought from China are failing to detect positive cases

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/c...20-3?r=US&IR=T
When I was 15, my dad and stepmother went out of town. As I only had a learners permit to drive at the time, my step-mom's mother would come over and would be the adult in the car so I could drive. The moment I started the car the first time we were going out to drive, she immediately got nervous and started screeching orders (BE CAREFUL, OMG!, SLOW DOWN, MAKE A FULL STOP...etc.). It was very easy to tell that she had an unhealthy fear of driving in the car, and me being a punk kid at the time made the situation worse).

At this time, I lived in farm country, so literally no traffic until you jumped on a small highway to go into town. The speed limit at the time was 60, but this lady was so paranoid, we didn't get above 45 mph...of course she really freaked out by the time we got to our small town and there was actual traffic....

In reflection, that may have been the most dangerous car ride I ever took....going 45 on a highway, getting barked at every turn, etc. was very nerve racking for me, and certainly took away my attention to what was going on around me (kind of like screaming "FIRE" in a crowded room)

My point in all of this: You seem like a good person, and I assume that you are not trolling (you may very well be)....but for me, whenever I see you post, all I hear is my step-mom's mom screeching panic and death in a situation that really calls for calm, clear heads to prevail.

This pandemic is certainly bad, but it's not the end of us all. We all are impacted, but to allow this to be in your head, and only looking at the negative aspects as some sort of doom / gloom situation is foolish. I don't put stock in anyone saving me, or that I'm any more or less susceptible to this thing as anyone else. But I'll be damned if I'm going to stress out of every bit of negative news that comes across, and you shouldn't either. Most of us realize the scope and depth of this thing, and are doing all we can to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and others around us. To constantly screech doom, gloom, and death really makes people not listen to your message. Just my $0.02
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 27 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote