View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 09:57 AM   #32
Special Teams ACE!!!

I agree that Damien Williams isn't a feature back, but he does a lot of nifty things, and as long as he's supported by a strong committee of other RBs, I think the Chiefs can do pretty well with him as the starter, or at least the one who gets the most carries.

The problem I see right now is I think a few people are getting ahead of themselves a bit. Even if we draft a dude who's really good, Andy might not play him all that much, at least initially. The Chiefs had every intention of making Spencer Ware the opening day starter in 2017, not Kareem Hunt. Ware knew the offense, the protections, and he was probably a better asset to what Andy wanted to accomplish through the pass. You saw the same thing this past season. Not saying Darwin Thompson is a world beater by any means, but Andy didn't give him any kind of snaps on offense until weeks 14 and beyond, and even then you could hardly say he was getting work as a the 2nd or 3rd guy in a true RBBC.

If we draft Dobbins with our 1st rounder or somebody like that, we may not see what people are dreaming of until much later in the season or possibly even the following year.

While yes, getting a Kareem Hunt clone would make us truly unbeatable, throwing high draft capital at it (a 1st, 2nd, 3rd rounder) doesn't guarantee that will happen. If we pulled the trigger on OL with one of those picks, however, I think we WOULD be more likely to see legit gains and improvement, because we're no longer stuck building the team one particular way with our draft hopes targeting one particular position at such a ridiculous level.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.