Thread: Movies and TV Wonder Woman 1984 trailer
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 09:08 PM   #144

To be honest the whole thing felt like a tribute to the Superman II & III style of movies, and if that was the intention I think they mostly pulled it off. Problem is those kinds of movies will get killed today because everything has to be in a universe and unflinchingly apply to a set of rules. I kind of applaud the guts it takes to make a movie that is completely against the grain of the last 15 years of superhero movies knowing you're going to get killed. Jenkins definitely did it way better than Bryan Singer did, she at least tried to have some fun with this.

There were still some major flaws though, no doubt, but I did enjoy that they didn't even try to tie this into any other film or waste time worldbuilding for another movie. That's gotten DC in so much trouble because it feels like they're just copying Marvel and not doing it nearly as well.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.