Thread: Movies and TV Wonder Woman 1984 trailer
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 02:30 PM   #136
Supporter

Well, that was far worse than even I expected.

The movie didn't know whether it wanted to be a "tribute" to the 80's or to be set in the 80's. Kristen Wiig's character was straight out of SNL for the first act and by the third act, was unrecognizable and dumb. The McGuffin was as old as Egypt itself; stale, boring and just plain uninteresting. Bringing back Steve Trevor was as dopey as all of those 80's and early 90's movies that had their own take on Freaky Friday and Pedro Pascal's character and motivations were also completely unbelievable.

The opening sequence really had nothing to do with the movie, unless they were trying to tie her "cheating" into Diana's decision to "rescind" her wish (is that even possible?). And why could Pedro Pascal take on the world's wishes and grow stronger and stronger while Diana lost her powers with just one? And what part of Kristin Wiig's life changed for the worst after her wish? There was just zero continuity within its own set of "rules".

Simply put, the movie was a just an epic disaster that did absolutely nothing to move the narrative forward about Wonder Woman or the DCU. Nothing that happened in this film is even remotely important enough in her journey to use as a "Callback" in future WW or DCU films, unless they attempt to use Kristen Wiig's character 40 years down the line and I would think that Superman or Aquaman or even a full strength WW could rip her to shreds.

I was all just too dumb for a $200 million dollar budget and seemed more akin to the 70's TV show than the DCU. And my kids kept saying "This is the worst movie EVER!" for the entire run time.

Now we know why AT&T/Time Warner stuck this garbage on HBO Max:

It would have been absolutely shredded by critics and audiences alike that would have paid to see it in theaters.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote