View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 01:16 PM   #7
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Nick Jacobs is basically the Chiefs expert for the 41 action news in KC. He's a great, Terez-level commentator on the team. His podcast is 4th and 1, and I highly recommend it. I'd put it alongside AP Lab as the best Chiefs podcasts out there.

Anyway, he tweeted something today that I've long suspected: that Chris Jones is unaffordable for this team. That it may be worth tagging and trading him this coming offseason for a Frank Clark-esque haul. After all, we've already got $100m tied into him, and it stresses too many other positions on the team to pay two guys like that.

My suggestion, for quite some time, has been to trade our 2020 1st and maybe some more if we have to in order to land a premier CB.

Because if we have to tag and trade Jones, and based on what he's asking for, that's probably going to have to happen, we can always get that 1st back.

That's where Jacobs disagreed with me. He believes the Chiefs are going to ride with Breeland/Fuller/Ward/Claiborne.

The ideal situation is for that to somehow work. Because if it does, you can keep your 1st for next year, while adding another 1st and then some for Chris Jones.

Thoughts?
My position on Jones remains this:

If he wants Donald money, someone else needs to pay it. Especially if we are coming to the table early to offset his injury risk.

Fact is, he's not as good as Donald, and we need to be looking at value per unit salary cap, and paying as much as Donald for less than Donald production is not good production per unit salary cap.

You won't convince me otherwise.

tl;dr: Buehler445 doesn't want to pay Jones Donald money.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.