Thread: Chiefs Props to Spags & The D
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 03:08 PM   #125
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Ingram was good today, as was the other guy. Our run defense wasn't great, but we were conceding runs to the RBs to cover deep and keep Jackson contained. Up the gut was open for chunks, and to be fair, we tackled like shit today. This isn't some fundamentally flawed thing we have going here, and look, Baltimore has a good offense. I don't care if we gave up 500 yards rushing, we beat a playoff caliber team today. Period end of statement.
It's a good recipe for success in the regular season against mediocre QBs. I think the reason most of us are worried is because the regular season doesn't matter so much anymore. We all know what's important here- beating the Pats in January. In order to do that, we're going to need to be able to play sound, fundamental, good defense across the board. As it stands, we apparently can't play both good pass and run defense. We're ceding yards on the ground in order to be able to stop the pass- we can't do that when we play New England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Neither am I. I'm saying the run defense is better because they stop runs for short gains far more often than they did last year.

That's not polishing a turd. That's just stating a statistic. Is the run defense better than last year's abortion? I would say yes.
You might be right, I just haven't seen any numbers to support the claim so I can't really argue against it. The run defense certainly looks different but the end result is extremrly similar to Sutton's defenses.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.