View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 04:48 PM   #205
The Truth

I'm perfectly fine with him sitting out this year or whatever. I have been against giving him a big money deal from the start. Does he get to the QB and cause havoc in passing situations...yes. Is he absolutely terrible against the run...a much bigger yes. I don't know if he just doesn't like playing against the run, but if you watch him on tape he looks like Lenny from "Of Mice and Men." Just completely lost and never gap sound. Ends up in the backfield as the RB is already past the line of scrimmage. Frank Clark is a complete player. He is as good against the run as he is pressuring the QB. I don't care if we get nothing for him either if it means not signing him long-term. We've seen enough of these big money signings that we should have learned our lesson by now. I like the guy and he is entertaining, we might not have won the Super Bowl without the batted balls in the 4th, but I think we would have still found a way. Just watch the tape and if you disagree with my take on him that's your right, but there is no denying he is a liability against the run. I don't know why I think this about the man, but he just seems like a guy who's performance falls off a cliff once he gets paid. Or maybe I have watched the Chiefs (pre-Veach) make signings that were all disasters. There's the paying Pat factor, but I don't think the Chiefs are seriously considering signing him long-term. Think they are saying one more year and we're done. If CJ wants to pass on $16 million for one year then I am fine with him being a moron. Either way I hope that they don't sign him long-term. No right or wrong opinions on this deal just like there is no obvious correct solution.
GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GoHuge has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0