View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 01:03 PM   #57
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I am extremely high on McConkey and 32 is the earliest I’d take him. I think we are all looking at this the wrong way though.

The LT issue is by far the biggest on the team. I think if Wanya Morris was a starting LT they wouldn’t have bolted for Donovan Smith to come back. I think that Raiders game really exposed him and as much as I like his athleticism and size, he’s a swing tackle.

I can’t get over how loaded this tackle class is. It’s as good for us as it ever has been. I think one of Amarius Mims and Tyler Guyton will be there in the mid 20’s for a trade up. Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham and Fautanu will all be gone leaving them as OT6. You also have guys like Kingsley Suamataia, Patrick Paul and Jordan Morgan to compare to. There’s a myriad of options.

If they can just get a decent young LT for 5 years that would open up a ton of flexibility for us
Agreed. I'm almost certainly looking at OT in the 1st unless it just gets brutally massacred and I don't think it will get hit SO hard that neither Morgan or Suamataia are there.

Hence my general disdain for the McConkey pick. Well that and I'm not super high on him; he looks like a pure floor player to me. But mostly it's just that I think OT will stack up as well or better but won't have those kinds of options at the back of 2, whereas WR will.

Gaming the draft to go OT in 1 and WR in 2 works better than the inverse, IMO. Amegadjie and maybe Paul (though unlikely he gets there) are the only 2 guys I really see as '2nd round' OTs likely to make it to us. Anybody else is an unreasonable fall or a reach, IMO.

It's a much broader group at WR. So playing the odds, if I want two contributors in Year 1 with long-term potential, I would almost certainly go OT/WR in that order.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.