View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 05:39 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd View Post
I agree with trading up with Seattle, but I don’t think I would do it for Thomas. We really don’t need superstar, wide receivers, we just need to make sure we don’t have terrible ones having to play like Moore and Toney last year. And it’s unclear if Thomas is that much better that others that we could get later on, especially Franklin. In my view.

I wonder what tackles you thought would be gone by the Seattle pick? Probably Alt and the 3 Fs, but what about Latham? I think he might be worth it at 16. And although we can get a good enough receiver, fairly easily in free agency and later on in the draft, I don’t think the same can be said about a long-term prospect at left tackle. That’s where I think we should concentrate in the draft. And we definitely should resign Smith ans insurance and hope he will be cheap like last year.

I also think if Bowers is available at 16, that would be a great trade up as it would give us another receiver, and an eventual replacement for Kelce.
I addressed this somewhere. At OT the only ones I'm legimately interested in in the first are Alt, Fautanu, and Fashanu. If any were there at the 16 spot, I'd make the move over a WR, honestly. If we're stuck at 32, I'd opt for Troy Franklin if he's there. If not, I'd go Morgan or Suamataia and hope like hell one might work at LT but at least know I'm probably filling my OG problem for next year if not.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.