View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 04:06 PM   #70
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
There is always ammo. If you have a guy that falls to 15-16 in the draft that you feel is a franchise LT and a team is willing to take your first this year and next, then you go get that player IMO. I have no issues with spending 2 low firsts on pillar positions.
I think you and I danced around a similar analysis at LT last season. You got to "Mid 20s is the latest you can find starters" and I think I got to "10 is about as late as you're likely to find SAFE starters..."

I hated the idea of a trade up to 16. I didn't see a notable drop-off from about 10 to 40.

I just can't see myself being willing to use two 1st round picks on the 4th best OT in this class and that's likely what you're looking at in the mid-1st, no? Alt? Sure. Fashanu, yup. But man, then you're looking at probably Latham and Fuaga, right? Am I happy giving up 2 first rounders for either of those? Certainly not Latham (don't think he has the feet for this system). Maybe Fuaga. If I were pretty confident that Mims could make the transition to LT maybe, but that's still a little scary given his inexperience. And then you're in the Fautanu/Guyton range and there's no way I'm giving up that much for those guys.

I'd have to sell myself on Latham's feet, Fuaga's length or Mim's inexperience and man that's a tough sell for that kind of draft capital.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.