Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 12:46 PM   #89
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
What does this mean?
A swarm of bees found a hole under the roof vent cap and built a hive in the sophet.
We had to tear off some of the trim and the sophet to remove the hive and the bees. There have never been bees in their home before. Ironic they move in when brother and I start doing this.

The bees from that removal flew away the next day from their new hive location. We probably missed or killed the queen. I checked today and the bees are all gone from their home. I'll throw up some pics to show you more.

The week before that we cut a hive out of an old pop up camper. We put that comb in frames and moved the, to a new location and hive. All of those bees swarmed away the next day too. Not sure why. It sure makes all of the work to do it wasted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3047.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	114687   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3046.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	114688  

Last edited by Iowanian; 07-22-2017 at 10:21 PM..
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.