Thread: Movies and TV Top 10 favorite films of the 2010s?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 10:58 AM   #97
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
I must of missed something about Killer Joe, I just looked back at my IMDB score and gave it a 5. I like strange movies, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Dr. are two favorites, but I thought McConaughey was trying to do his best Dennis Hopper impersonation. I rather see the real thing. I have to admit Juno and Gina Gershon were easy on the eyes and ever since Sideways, Thomas Hayden Church has been a favorite of mine.

The director William Friedkin has made some great movies and some weird ones. Who can forget Al Pacino in Cruising. Recent films like Bug was good and it gave Michael Shannon a break, and Jade was very good and I guess helped launch David Caruso. In the 80's To Live in Die in LA is a classic, French Connection and The Exorcist are the cream of the crop. I think he made Killer Joe as a satire, a joke on us.
I think that I liked it because it was different. Different doesn't always mean good. I'd argue that either WF maybe was a little lazy on this project, or went the other way, and tried too hard as a defense
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.