Thread: Movies and TV The Northman - Upcoming Movie
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 08:46 PM   #20
Veteran

I think I wrote a review for this in another thread but I'll put some of my thoughts in this thread as well.

The Northman is definitely not for everyone and bound to turn off a lot of movie goers (as shown with its dismal box office take) but I don't ****ing care, cause I loved the shit out of this Viking epic!

Skarsgard was a straight up savage beast that looked like he could rip out Thor's spinal cord if he wanted to and make Hugh Glass from The Revenant shit his pants and die from a stroke just at the sight of him

The rest of the cast was great too but major kudos to Alexander Skarsgard for going all out for this (I know his dream role has always been to play a Viking warrior since he's literally a big ass Swedish dude lol. Well he definitely pulled it off here and more than made up for that cringe worthy goofy Tarzan movie imo) God I hated that crap.

There was another film from last year called The Green Knight that is getting a lot of comparisons to The Nortman but IMO The Northman shits all over The Green Knight. Eggers threw everything and the kitchen sink at the audience (basically going for the jugular and leaving it all out there) while David Lowery seemed to hold back and make a more insanely slow paced somber tale that damn near went no where in the end.

The score / mixed with a lot of the visuals in The Northman worked so well together that its so hard to describe but I mean that in a great way. Sorta like a religious experience or something.

Hats off to Eggers here. He's 3 for 3 with me so far. Can't wait to see what he does next.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.