View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 03:11 PM   #234
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I re-read this whole thread (mostly out of boredom) and you've made some points that are valid. HOWEVER, some of your statements are plain BS.
You've admitted your kid is in the bottom third of the roster. Reality check – those kids play less than the top third.
You made the assertion that one of the “favorites” parent is a league (or club) Admin. So what? They don't get those jobs unless they've been around the game for awhile. I'd guess that kid has older siblings that he's learned from. I can tell you my granddaughter that starts on a top 12 National team doesn't give any quarter to her Academy level younger brother when they scrimmage. And neither take it easy on their 7 year old brother. Of course he's going to have more skills.
You said “several” parents have expressed concerns. Why haven't they spoken up? Why do you have to be the standard bearer? My guess it's the parents of the other bottom third of the roster.
You made a statement that your team has only won 2 games all season, but then you wrote of a worthless game you won in the same time frame. When I pointed that out, you said backed off and said only 2 tourney games and a league one. I have never, in over 20 years of watching youth soccer, seen a league game played during a tournament.
I'm not trying to be mean here, but Dude –YOU have a problem. You can move the kid to another club if you don't like the coach. Don't be a passive-aggressive bitch and have the club do it for you. My guess is that you'll find fault with that coach as well. These club coaches are normally former star players, paid, and must be licensed. They know the game – you don't. They won't last long if they don't win, so of course winning is everything to them. My advice to you would be to move your kid to a rec level league and if he still wants to advance, send him to a soccer camp over the summer. Those are pretty cheap and come with feedback. Again, I'm not trying to be mean, just giving you some advice from a former coach and current grandfather.
This is what I am thinking as well. I was under the assumption the lad was a bottom third player on what was a pretty good team. Unfortunately that does not appear to be the case.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.