Thread: Left Tackles
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 10:38 AM   #112
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I like Morgan too, but the question is, will the arm length be a dealbreaker for Andy/Veach?
One of the first truly big deals Reid/Dorsey ever gave out was to Mitchell Schwartz.

Morgans arms are, what, a half inch shorter than Mitch's? If that? And while it's not terribly critical, Morgans hands are quite a bit bigger than Mitch's were. Height/weight is virtually identical. And Morgan has better baseline athleticism than Mitch.

I mean if the arms are a deal breaker, I guess Suamataia is the guy. I don't think he's quite as safe a pick but I'd be fine with that as well.

But I think it's time to invest a little more heavily at OT in this draft and the depth of the WR corps means we'll have some nice options at the back of the 2nd. As such, it just makes WAY too much sense to go OT in the 1st. I think a draft where both Morgan AND Suamataia are off the board by 32 would require...hmmmm.....8 offensive tackles before 32?

Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham, Fautanu, Mims, Guyton, Morgan, Suamataia. So 9.

With the possibility of 4 QBs going in the round and 5 pretty likely WRs (Big 3, Thomas and Mitchell or Franklin)....boy, I just don't think that's likely.

I think Morgan or Suamataia are there for us and I can live with either guy.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.