View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 11:23 AM   #147
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I 1010% disagree that there was a better safety on the board when Cook was picked. There wasn't one even close. Nick Cross? Please. No. If Cook runs, I can say pretty confidently he would have gone over Brisker who went at 48 because Cook is better in coverage and a far better tackler. As for Cross, Cook is just a far more consistent player in all facets. Cross is a nice risk-reward type that you take in the late 3rd but he's just not on Cook's level yet.

The only two players I thought could have been near splooge-worthy selections would have been Cam Thomas and Travis Jones. Thomas was assuredly within striking distance if Veach wanted to move from 103 to 85 or 86 by swinging the 5th he got in the trade down in 2. It's apparent Veach didn't value either enough to do it.
On reflection you could be right re Cross. He's definitely more of a projection, ditto Joseph, and I could be miles off on both. But unless Cook goes VERY well in those speed drills he isn't going ahead of Brisker, and to be honest from their tape I don't see he's quicker than Cross or Joseph. Better? Quite possibly. In any case my main gripe was not going for T. Jones at that pick. Cam Thomas, not too fussed, but Jones seemed perfect at that point.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.