Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 10:00 AM   #883
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I'm with you on most of it, but he showed in the first season that he definitely actively wants Jimmy to not be a lawyer. When he got his degree, he would have been a first year, and at that point posed no threat to the company.

But yeah, he'd be a shit partner if he didn't at least coach Howard on how to get the client back.
Not true.

That little stunt he's about to pull with the documents - that could easily be done by a first year and just as easily get brought back on the firm. In fact, I'd imagine most of the pleadings he'd be responsible for as a first year wouldn't be signed as him, they'd be signed as him 'for the firm' and as such, anything he does could easily come back directly on the firm and in fact, the firm would almost certainly take the bullets well before the first year associate would.

When it doubt, find the deepest pockets. HHM is absolutely the deeper pockets here.

And while he may not have pulled that exact stunt as a first year, he'd have pulled something. The client solicitation thing is the easiest one and perhaps that would've only been met with a tersely worded letter from the Bar. But that's not all the damage he could do; he could easily ensnare his employers.

But again, we're getting back to where I started this whole thing - there is no circumstance whereby Jimmy would've been hired into that firm given his pedigree. You aren't asking that Chuck not interfere with Jimmy - you're asking that Chuck do him favors. Jimmy's not a silk-stocking lawyer and HHM is absolutely a silk-stocking firm. If you're a partner there, you don't want him in your firm and if you're his brother you don't want the resentment that comes with forcing him into your firm over other far more qualified candidates.

He doesn't respect Jimmy, I'll concede. But if Jimmy would simply get out of Chuck's sandbox, Chuck would probably forget he even exists. But by practicing right under Chuck's nose and to some degree expecting favorable treatment from Chuck, he just gets Chuck's dander up.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.