View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 04:17 AM   #40
I'll **** anything that moves!

This division is winnable. It really could be like the Twins in ‘87. 82-85 wins likely wins this division, and after that, all bets are off.

This is clearly what the Royals are banking on.

But…. Free agency rarely works. Plus, we’re the Royals. When the hell does anything work out for us?

Offensively, I think this team could be very sneaky good. BWJ is an all-star potential MVP player. Maikel Garcia could be underrated. A healthy Vinnie could go full-on Sweeney aka ‘99, or turn into Thome, either way, I’m happy. Can Salvy trim some weight and hit 30 homers? I hope so, and I think he can. After those four guys, it’s Waters, Isbel, Melendez, Velazquez, Massey and the big Henfroe acquisition. There’s a lot to like there, and I don’t think there’s a slot for anyone until they slot themselves in with performance.

Ragans was maybe the best pitcher in baseball for two+ plus months last year. Can he perform at even close to that level for a full season? He looks like the real deal, barring injury, he is another potential all-star. But then we have Wacha, Lugo, Singer, Lynch, Lyles…. Can’t have enough pitching. I want the Royals to bring Greinke back. He can get his 3000th K in a Royals uniform, and if he is used correctly, he could be our pocket ace.

Our bullpen still stinks. Can we sign Chapman again? Moves have been made, but again, there’s never enough pitching.

If we can get out of April and May not being under 10 games, this team could be interesting to watch. But I think they really need more help in pitching.

I tried to write a similar thing, but it was deleted because the site timed me out.

Pitchers/catchers report in a few weeks!
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.