Thread: Movies and TV Wonder Woman 1984 trailer
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 08:04 PM   #188
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
I think If this movie had come out back in the summer in normal times (no covid) it would have opened big, then fallen off huge after that.

Dane, why did WB announce a 3rd one with Jenkins so quickly?
I only know a few people left at WB these days and they're out on vacation, like the rest of us, and don't know why it was greenlit so quickly.

I think it was a "hype" announcement more than set in stone factual but I don't have the details of her contract with WB. Maybe she has a Pay or Play clause or maybe there was a studio option for a 3rd.

I find it curious that she hasn't made a statement of any kind but she did say this last week:

Directors like Patty Jenkins, potentially. While she recalls being “shocked” when the studio approached her to debut Wonder Woman 1984 on HBO Max, a conversation that launched “a very, very long process, and I don’t know that they would have let us disagree based on what they’ve been doing now,” Jenkins can tell you one thing about the future of the DC franchise: she probably won’t come back for a hypothetical Wonder Woman 3 without the likelihood of a theatrical run.

“We’ll see what happens. I really don’t know,” she says of the threequel. “I know that I’d love to do the third one if the circumstances were right and there was still a theatrical model possible. I don’t know that I would if there wasn’t.”

There's no guarantee that WW3 will be theatrical at this point in time, although most expect the theaters to return to normal business by 1Q2022. But she's signed on for Star Wars as well and those films take at least a year to produce (not including the script), so again, this announcement feels like more of a marketing strategy to get more people to sign up for HBO Max than a real film whose plot is set and ready to go.

WarnerMedia announced this week that the "Snyder-verse" is over and that they're not interested in an overall connected DC Universe. WB also announced six new DC feature films per year but it sounds to me as if they're just going to crank out DC movies and see what sticks, with absolutely no plan in place.

Again.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.