View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 03:49 PM   #9105
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
I lived this weekend on vodka and gin and tonics as I was sent some fresh, tree ripened, limes and needed an excuse to screw off all my wanna-shoulda do's on my list.

I fed myself for the whole weekend off leftover protein, smoked leftover pork loin and chicken, black bean soup; grape tomato,celery, garlic, onion, bell peppers, Roma tomatoes, zucchini and anything else I could find. I fire roasted every veggie (and some fruit)I could lay my hands on. Cooked the beans, combined everything, and simmered overnight on the smoker.

I made up a batch of "Mexican Quinoa" that someone pasted here (I can't find it now to give proper credit) using the rest of the produce I had roasted off, and some seasoning I had to get from the local Mexican grocery store. I combined everything, added boiling water to the quinoa (2-1), and cooked it in heavy sealed disposable catering container on the smoker for about 30 minutes before opening the lid and folding in some scrapes of the smoked meat and Cotija cheese. It was\is wonderful.

I hope everyone posts chili recipes as football season is upon us. I will get my "Barron's Saloon Black Bean Chili"recipe on paper so I can share it with the CP gang. It features deboned rib tips and round steak and of course black beans.
You sound like a man who knows how to live
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.