Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 05:56 AM   #891
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I have a friend that has the same reaction to Tom Cruise, I think.

Anyway, that's too bad, because Apollo 13 is without a doubt one of the best movies I've ever seen. Absolutely top 5. Maybe Top-2.
Tom Cruise is tough to take AND tough to resist.

He's so thirsty, but he's also committed, so you know he's always actively trying to win you over, but you also know he'll do some amazing shit to get it done.

Reminds me of a story about [I think it was] Ed Begley Jr. back in his standup days. This was when 'performance art' like Andy Kaufman was starting to come on the scene as 'comedy.' And Begley had a standup partner act where they were supposed to be a bluegrass/folk duo, but they just stood on stage for 15-20 minutes tuning their guitars. Play a chord, fiddle with the tuning knobs, play a chord, fiddle, play, etc. . . [EDIT: important point, this was one of those 'coffee house' impromptu standup gigs, not like a scheduled event with a theater where they advertised and sold tickets to 'see Begley and blah-blah, live comedy!!']

Folks would be quiet for a little bit, then they'd start to laugh, then they'd start to boo and throw stuff, then eventually they would start howling with laughter.

Which is to say, commitment to a bit can be irritating, until it eventually becomes inspired.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.