View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 06:58 AM   #854
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
What the heck happened to this team?
Players
Main cause is starting pitching. If Wacha starts another game, thats a criminal offense and he should be booed off the field.

Shit relievers that over stayed way past when they should have been sent down or released.
Lead off hitter hitting .200 for 30% of the season

Manager
Too much Matheny in him. Got to stick with my guy. Trust my guy is going to get it done. I thought he was a stat guy when hired?

Some moves that blew up in his face is not his fault. Walking the backup catcher hitting under .200 to get the ground ball and out of the jam was the right move. Thats on Wacha for throwing a 93mph flat fastball right down the middle that any major leaguerd can put good wood on.

But..... when you have lost 14/18 or something like that, its time to change something up. Yet we still are rolling with the same players, lineup, pitchers. Nothing changes including the results. Thats the Matheny playbook.

Front Office
Mo has made bad signings. He has to be forcing them into the lineup. We have better pitching talent in the minors but they stay down in the minors.
We have a glut of possible nig time talent in the outfield and 3B thats going to be ready in 2 years or less. Yet we are locked into large contract with aging players.There was no need to give Carp an extension. He was signed for another year already.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.