View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 05:58 PM   #5635
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
I was watching the 3M Tournament and the winner Michael Thompson was carrying a 7 wood. On one hole he was about 270 out and used that 7 and dropped the ball on the green straight down like iron. It was a thing of beauty.

I went on eBay and found a brand new Honma 7 wood, found several and they were $229 new. Found an auction for a new one and I bid and won it for $56 plus shipping. Not knowing how it would play, I didn't want to spend much more, but I figured what the heck. I took it last Friday and tried it twice and was terrible. I need to take it to the range. It's 21 degrees and I don't carry a fairway wood right now. I have a 4 hybrid which I hit about 175 and a 3 hybrid which I hit about 195 with rollout. I needed something for going over 200 without using my driver off the fairway.

You might already know this, but carrying a 3-hybrid and 7 wood is redundant for your distance gapping in most cases. You might find it easier to find a good 5 wood and use that off the deck. 7 woods are better from the rough (a few guys at the PGA used a 9 wood because of the thicker rough at Harding Park; Vijay Singh used to carry a 9 wood bent 7 degrees open) but will impart more spin and fly higher than a hybrid due to their lower center of gravity.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.