View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #3687
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth View Post
Couple thoughts as I get ready to go to work (thank God I took the morning off).

I agreed with most of Ned's decisions last night, but I strongly disagreed with one very crucial decision in the middle of the game. I think you all know which one. I'm not opposed to bringing Ventura into a playoff game to lock it down, but I don't think that was the time. Shields was supposed to be the man, he had a good 5th inning, his pitchcount was fine, and he didn't look THAT bad in the 6th. Whatever, we got away with it, and I agreed with the bunting shenanigans and insane running that he was calling for late in the game.

I just KNEW we were going to win the game in the bottom of the 9th, 10th, and 11th innings. I just knew were we gonna drive in that runner from third. In the 12th inning when we had the game tied after Gordon was out, I no longer knew what was going to happen. I didn't really think we were going to stop playing baseball. Right before we won, I thought I was trapped in baseball purgatory and damned to watch this never-ending game forever.
Did you see Finnegan pitch against Moss? Leaving Shields in against Moss was not an option.

Two options there: Duffy or Finnegan.

But, classic Ned. Terrible with his bullpen.
Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.