View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 05:42 PM   #111
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
In terms of subject matter/area, going clear back to when I was reading the actual comics, I always preferred the 'normies with powers' vein to the cosmic and supernatural vein. I mean, it's all out there in terms of realism, but I'd rather deal with the travails of a regular Joe/Jane dealing with what 'science' has given them in terms of strength and durability [Wolverine, Hulk, Spiderman] than Harry Potter hocus pocus [Wanda, Dr. Strange, all the Gods and elementals and watchers and all that intergalactic immortal magical stuff]

So in that sense, FatWS is solidly more in my wheelhouse than WandaVision.

But in terms of execution, WandaVision committed to an innovative narrative and delivered. FatWS is [to this point] boilerplate old-fashioned action serial.

I think there's merit to speculation that the early going has been severely hampered due to excising a virus/vaccine storyline. You can see the hints of it and the cuts to deleted scene here and there. Who knows how much sticking with the full outline might have helped the narrative flow.
You know, that's the "thing" for me. I wasn't especially excited about WandaVision due to its foray into the occult and witchcraft, et al, because that's never had any appeal to me in terms of superheroes.

But man, if they just didn't knock that series out of the park! From set pieces to casting (especially Christophe Beck's score and amazing songs by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez) to the visual effects, most of which were practical and not VFX. They introduced not just one important Marvel character but two in Monica Rambeau and Agatha Harkness, yet it was so natural to the story, which made it even more amazing.

TFATWS, so far anyway, has done nothing to expand upon the MCU nor has it justified its existence in the MCU. Fortunately, the Loki trailers appear to make that series exciting and visually stunning while Moon Knight looks to be the crown jewel, so hopefully, Fiege got those "right".
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.