View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 11:01 PM   #15249
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
I need to make some ceiveche shrimp and other stuff. Don't think the GF has ever had it. May take some convincing.
My favorite and best ceviche ever aside from the beach in Cancun 35 years ago is from Uncle Julio's in northern Virginia.

This recipe is damn close to it

https://domesticdreamboat.com/ceviche/

Ingredients
8 oz tilapia fillets
6 oz scallops
6 oz peeled shrimp
1 tsp lime zest
1/2 cup lime juice 4 limes
1/2 cup lemon juice 4 lemons
1 small red bell pepper stemmed, seeded and minced
1 small jalapeno pepper stemmed, seeded and minced
1 clove medium garlic minced or pressed
salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 scallions thinly sliced
4 Tbsp cilantro minced
1/2 tsp sugar
black pepper to taste
Instructions
Slice tilapia fillets into 1/3" thick slices, then cut into 1" pieces. Remove shrimp tails and slice both shrimp and scallops 1/3" thick.
Mix seafood, lime zest, lime and lemon juice, bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic and 1/2 tsp salt in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring halfway through.
Pour mixture into a mesh strainer to drain excess liquid, but still leaving it moist. Stir in olive oil, scallions, cilantro, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Serve either family style or in individual bowls. Can be served on top of a green salad or with tortilla chips or fresh corn tortillas.

NOTE: I would add finely chopped red onion and small grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half to this along with some small cubed pieces of cucumber. Needs some more veggies to freshen up and balance all the seafood.

Last edited by scho63; 06-30-2020 at 11:23 AM..
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote