View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 01:22 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
Did y’all see the presser? He acted like moving up higher than 21 was unlikely. He said 16-18 1st round grades and he didn’t anticipate moving up to top ten but moving to up to 21 if one of those 1st round graded guys fell could be possible. Is he lying? I don’t know. But it does seem like moving up to 6 is unlikely.

Here’s the press conf.
https://youtu.be/GaYkjD0Js1U
Yeah, but I don't put much stock in what he, or any GM, says at this point.

He very well could be telling the truth, especially on the 16-18 1st round grades, but you also factor in needs and fits along with those grades and you're likely down to about 12. As for moving up to 6, yeah he probably doesn't "anticipate" doing it because the trade isn't in a vacuum. Players have to fall and their offer has to beat other teams' offers. I'm sure he has an amount he's willing to spend to get to specific spots and that's it. He certainly didn't rule out trading into the top 10. I'd venture if a specific player or two don't fall to a certain spot, like Thibs or Hutch falling to 6, then he's comfortable seeing if Johnson or Karlaftis falls to the 20/21 area, and if that' don't happen then he'll sit tight and take whats there.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote