Thread: Movies and TV FOX & MacFarlane's The Orville
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 09:40 AM   #307
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Capitalism at its worst. Individual companies make more money. The consumer pays more and benefits less.

Yeah, we are all going to have an issue with trying to watch the shows we want to watch. Every new channel wants $10-$15 and you really only want to watch one show on that channel. It's going to get worse, thats for sure. People are not going to pay $70-$100 a month to watch the 5-6 shows they really want to watch.

Eventually its going to be something like Prime when you log in you can access the majority of the channels a la cart. Can't download. Only view once. Specific time available. Charge you $20 to watch that one show but you can view it forever.
I'm awaiting the inevitable rise of a third party group that will be a single subscription service for $70-100 a month that allows you access to X streaming services. It would have to be a company with a ton of money to negotiate with all the streaming services so that narrows it quite a bit. Google or Apple? They missed out on the streaming industry. Maybe Amazon finds a way since they probably host half their competitors on Amazon Cloud services.

After many years as a law abiding citizen I am prepping my home for when I take the seas as a pirate once again.
bowener has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote