View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 08:22 AM   #5516
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I've played golf in college. Played in a few AJGA events when I was a kiddo. I took around a 5 year hiatus from the game in my 20's. I play about once a year now although I did get out 3 times last year. I'm not up to date on golf stuff anymore. I just learned that a 3-Hybrid is actually the loft of a 3-iron and not a 3-wood. I had no idea until yesterday, I thought they were the same loft.

I can't shoot in the 60's anymore, or even get close. I shoot lower 80's now and feel pretty good about it. When I was sometimes getting into the 60's, I was hitting fade as my natural shot pattern. I could hit a draw if I wanted to, but it wasn't very natural and I didn't have the ability to control it. It was mainly just used as a scrambling shot. The hook started in college when they started tweaking my swing. I got worse with instruction but alot of it was me trying to figure out how to hit a high draw which turned into pretty much a hook. It required me to totally revamp and invent my swing.

With that said, I bet you could shoot 60's at easy muni wide open courses even with a hook or a slice under perfect conditions.
The more I learned about the golf swing the worse I got, I wanted more distance and a textbook swing etc.. wish I could go back to being young dumb and cocky.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.