View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 04:17 PM   #1515
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I don't cut the roots. I take the whole plant out of the pot with the base intact and all the dirt...then put in the ground. One time where I bought my first Earth Box the gardener put a plug in and that one didn't even last. I thought maybe I had it with herbs it didn't care to be next too. So then I did another and put it in the ground.
Probably something to do with the soil you're putting it into. The roots won't expand into the new dirt. Out "here" we have to use a mountain of water. I doubt you guys would have to use as much as we do but make sure it is nice and wet and not to hard - no smearing or packing. If that doesn't work, buy a big bag of top soil or peat moss or something and work that in at a pretty high percentage rate as a soil amendment. That will keep any clay or anything from sealing off.

I'd still do it sooner. As soon as it's big enough to support itself is move it. Of the root mass is contained by the planter it will be hard for them to grow into the new soil as it will have to turn corners and whatnot.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.