View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 12:58 PM   #1667
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I'm still playing this sonofabitch. Picked up all the DLC as well.

It's still a pain in the ass, but also fantastic. I rank it right up there with Witcher 3. I love immersive games like this, and it's frankly a great place to hide from all the shit that's going on right now. You have to eat, but not too much; you have to repair your armor, clothing and weapons; you have to bathe regularly so people will deal with you favorably; you have to feed your dog or he gets pissed and wanders off. If you're going into battle, you'd better prepare yourself beforehand, because you can't drink your potions while fighting. I mostly started over (no desire to play through the very beginning) and did a better job developing my character the second time around. I finally get how the combat works, although there is never a time you become immortal - I can still get jumped and killed by a bunch of peasants if they quickly surround me and start wailing on me from all sides, no matter what kind of weapon I'm wielding or armor I'm wearing. Which I guess is how it would have been in real life.

I did break down and install one mod - it gives me a reticle for bow shooting. That just drove me nuts. Of course, even with the reticle it's still difficult; even with maxed out strength, agility and vitality, Henry still takes forever to pull the string back and fire. I was hoping at higher levels he'd turn into Legolas; ain't ****ing happening. The hunting aspect is great fun, though.

I highly recommend this game, despite its warts. But unless you have the patience for the steep learning curve and slow skill development, it may not be for you.
I think I got this game on the same sale as you. I have been BALLLLLS deep in Modern Warfare since it came out, though. As soon as I get bored of that, I think I will start on Kingdom Come based on this post alone.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote