View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 12:41 PM   #14758
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Typically I'd brine and smoke a whole chicken and shred it but we only had breasts on hand so I used some OJ with cider vinegar, lime juice, EVOO and some annatto* paste. Thighs would likely work better as well. I let the chicken marinate for a few hours. Poured the chicken with marinade into a foil pan and put it on the smoker for roughly an hour or 150F internal. I reduced the marinade from the foil pan as a mop once the chicken is shredded then pour some in a vac seal bag with the leftover chicken and freeze it for later. Wife makes the sauce which is sort of like a bechamel with canned green chiles. Roll the chicken and refrieds in a tortilla, top with sauce and bake.

*Annatto paste is totally unnecessary or can be subbed with paprika, it's really there to give it color, like that reddish hue you see in enchiladas. I like to use it my bbq rubs because it imparts very little flavor but produces that deep red color; same with chili.

**You can also sub in a store bought rotisserie chicken
That’s fair. Whenever I smoke a chicken I just end up eating the damn chicken. LOL
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.