View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 01:31 PM   #127
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
My thoughts, not that they matter.

1. This ****ing COVID BS sucks. How it is messing with the Salary cap just sucks. No way anyone could have seen this coming. So it's not like Veach could prepare for it. We knew it was going to be tight the way it is to pay both Pat and Chris.

2. With the advantage of hindsight, I wonder if the Chiefs knowing what they do now would have given Watkins his walking papers. Now I'm not sure that fixes the Jones situation, but it couldn't hurt. And hell the Chiefs would still have Hill, Hardman, and D-Rob.

3. Despite all of that, Chris Jones was always going to threaten a holdout. Thats how these things work. Chris isn't being disrespected, but he isn't getting what he wants.

4. Holding out could force a trade, but I'm not sure that's in Jones' best interest. Its not like he's going to go to a better situation for him. Sure, if you want to force your way on to the NY Giants and get a big payday then yeah, that's possible.

5. Not sure why the NFL and Players Association can't figure out a way to give teams some sort of relief with next year's salary cap. It's a one year issue, I'm sure a creative solution can be found, like valuing contracts at 90% for cap purposes or something. I don't know.

While the Chiefs have a problem with Jones, I think ultimately its a problem for the entire NFL, the Chiefs due to their upcoming free agents are just having to deal with it sooner than the rest of the league.
Adam Schefter was speculating BEFORE THE DRAFT that the salary cap could decrease in 2021. So we're supposed to believe an NFL reporter is more aware of the implications of Covid-19 on the salary cap than an NFL GM?
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.