View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 10:24 AM   #224
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Yep, fair enough - I've evolved, and now that's where I land, with one major caveat: If Veach is game, I'm game.

That said, historically, Veach's bread and butter move is all about value. Guys who are talented, but down and out and therefore inexpensive. 1st round cast-aways. Ragland, Baker, Callaway etc...

His other move is to secure talent when its available on the open market at a discount because of our ability to compete for rings. McCoy, Bell, etc...

Occasionally, he will make splash moves like Matheiu, Clark, Watkins, Hitchens, and now OBJ - those players were for the most part entering their early prime or mid prime. The only departure from that would have been Trent Williams, given his age. Thankfully, it didn't pan out.

Injuries, Age, and Elite Talent considerations aside, given JJ's price tag, I think it's a non-starter for Veach.

It is fun to dream, though.
Good post.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote