Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 08:21 PM   #281
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm hoping entire swarms move in.

When the bees swarm out of a hive( naturally way to propagate, the old queen and half of the bees leave)... they ball up around the queen and scout bees go out and search for a new home. They report back "hey I found a 3 bed 1 bath fixer upper in a bad neighborhood" and another says "hey I just found a 4 bed 2 bath near good schools that already has some delicious stinky old comb...let's go there to live".

Then the entire swarm flies to that spot and moves in and starts building.

Once a swarm moves in, I'll give them some time to build up, hopefully lay some eggs and feel like home....then I will go soon the disc some evening and close the entrance and move the hive to my bee yard and place the frames and bees into a hive box.

....and go re-set the trap. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.
Don't laugh at this question.

Are all honey producers one breed of 'bee'? Are there multiple breeds that produce honey?
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.