View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 07:00 AM   #77
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I've got him in the 3rd at this point. I love his athleticism and his size but he lacks in two major areas.

He has extremely limited strength and leverage. I think it could be a byproduct of military training instead of football training and what I mean is a large aspect of endurance involved over brute power. Not only does it kill him in the run game but he's not a great speed-to-power or power-to-win type of guy that the NFL needs you to be as a pass rusher. He doesn't have a fast enough get-off to consistently threaten NFL tackles with speed alone, plus he's not going to be going against the likes of UMass, Navy, Air Force, Western Kentucky, Troy, and Georgia Southern tackle quality either.

The other is having the ability to set up a rush plan and use counters and his hands to win matchups. I'm just not sold there. I think he's a phenomenal blank canvas to work with but I think you want a more polished player in the first two rounds.

I think a tertiary problem that he needs to work on is gaining some mass. He might be 250 pounds but he still looks thin. I'd like to see him more in the 275 range. I think that'll help him anchor more too, aside from adding strength. He can do all of these things but its not an overnight deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
He definitely has the frame to add weight in an NFL strength room. He looks tall and thin out there, reminds me of me back in my playing days lol, and like you say it affects his power. The lack of talent he played against I think will drag him down as well, but I wonder if teams dont like him better as an OLB.
I'm high on Carter, and I think he makes sense at 31. (I think there will be better options there, however.)

But Carter in KC... man. Kccrow isn't wrong but he'd be walking into the best possible situation here. We know that Carter has plenty of tools to work with, and size/strength to improve upon.

I'd love to put him in a locker right next to Frank Clark for the next 8 months. Put Joe Cullen on him, and given his coachability, the sky is the limit with this dude.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote