Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 02:33 PM   #2367
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Took my bike to a buddy's garage right before I moved and parked it. It sat there for over 3 years and I didn't do anything to garage prep it because I didn't figure it would just sit there that long. Life just happened and I never picked it back up.

He's moving so I went to get it out of his garage. Tightened a couple of connections, put in a new battery and it fired right up. Inflated the tires and rode it for about 10 miles before I decided I was probably pushing my luck without tuning it up and having the tires looked at.

Metric bikes, man. I had just given my dad shit for getting stranded in Idaho on his fairly new ultra-glide when the voltage regulator got stuck. I told him to get a Vulcan and he won't have to deal with that shit.

Within 48 hours I'm pretty sure I proved me right. I can't believe that thing just fired up and ran. Got up to 70 as easy as ever with old gas and almost certainly kinda fouled up plugs.
I've been considering getting a Harley to go with the ZX14 but I am just not getting enough miles in to justify it. Somebody would have to build one exactly the way I would and fire sale it. I love that ZX14
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.