Thread: Movies and TV The Boys (Amazon)
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 04:58 PM   #201
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
Sure, I totally get it from that point of view. If you weren't really enjoying it to begin with, then why continue.
More often than not, I watch streamers and binge programs that I may have missed in the past decade (due to kids) for research. That research generally involves the score but I also need to have a frame of reference for music in a specific scenes in order to match briefs that I receive on a weekly basis.

In this case, I just didn't feel like the score was important enough to continue watching a program that had completely lost my interest after 3 episodes, although I continued through episode 5. Hearing the political slant just gave me the third reason to discontinue watching, although if the show is renewed for Season 3 and has glowing ratings, I'll probably jump back in at some point.

But as of today, I feel the showrunner completely missed the mark with Season 2. Not only were the first 5 episodes dull and boring, IMO, they didn't really push the narrative forward. And his decision to release each episode weekly as opposed to dropping all eight episodes on Day One, was a serious miscalculation, especially during a pandemic.

I'm probably different than most people when it comes to their entertainment choices but when a showrunner insults the audience, I'm generally out and have no impetus to continue supporting him or her (or they or them or whomever).
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.