View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 01:16 PM   #130
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
If Bill O'Brien held him back THAT much, he's not a top 10 QB.

Aaron Rodgers overcame Mike McCarthy. Russell Wilson has overcome Pete Carroll. You could list lots of QB's that have won in spite of their coaches.

QB's drive the NFL. Watson is not good enough to consistently do that.
Fair points on Rodgers & Wilson. But I think there is a big difference between being a Top 10 QB and being an elite QB. The elite QB is very, very small group at any given time in the league. Right now I think it's only 3 guys (Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson). The 10th best QB in the league is nowhere close to a Mahomes or Rodgers or Wilson in my view.

Andy Reid is pretty amazing at getting very good QB play even from 7/11 clerk type of guys. You give him Deshaun Watson and he would get pretty damn good results. Probably better than Alex Smith.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.