View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 12:31 PM   #190
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Yeah, that's why I've been intrigued by the idea of acquiring another good TE who is a receiving threat and ramping up the use of 12 personnel.

Key is if Gray blocks well enough to make teams play 12 personnel like a true TE is on the field. If he does, KC can play these games and work mismatches.

Pairing Kelce/Gray with Hardman/Hill could be really, really nasty, too. You know teams are going to keep their safeties deep if Hill is out there, let alone Hill and Hardman. Will leave a lot of room underneath and also create numbers advantages in the run game.
I agree.

I'm excited to see what the Chiefs do with Noah Gray.

Noah's size isn't bad. At the 2021 Senior Bowl, his measurements were height - 6035, weight - 240, wing - 78 1/8, arm - 31 1/2, and hand - 9 3/8.

At the Duke Pro Day, he ran an unofficial 4.52 40 yard dash, 35" vertical, 9' 7" broad jump, 4.30 short shuttle, 6.72 3-cone drill, and 15 bench press. Everything but the BP is very good for a TE.

To really help the Chiefs though, Noah needs to get bigger and stronger. If you watch Duke game films, you will see Noah is a willing blocker, but he just gets in the way of the defender and he's not really driving and blocking. It also concerns me as a 240 pound man, he seldom makes a defender pay for hitting him. He gets pounded, thrown down, and gets beat up on most of the plays where he is the receiver.

The good news, Chiefs can help him with his strength and blocking, so another good draft pick for the Chiefs.
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.