Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #35
Resident Glue Sniffer

shit.

I had a deal at Freedom Cycles with my ZX6R; bought it new; did the first oil change myself etc. Went to unscrew the hex/allen bolts to take the side fairing, and the damned thing cracked all the way across. Like a Wylie Cyote cartoon.

I was PISSSED. I knew it was due to something in handling or assmbly. Freedom Basically told me over the phone to get bent. So I loaded up with the POS fairing, and drove up there on a Saturday around 1pm. Walked into the showroom and was asking sort of loudly "Who can I talk to about this issue I had with my fairing on my brand new bike I bought. I was told there was nothing they could do" etc.

Yeah, I was scooped up quick from Freedom's secret service. Took me into the garage and were blaming a rock chip on it; on the front lip between radiator and wheel. I was like "Look MF, that hole happend as soon as I released the tension from the bolt". Long story short, they told me to piss into the wind.

I filled out the survey card, along with a letter attached, to Kawasaki. Telling them a brand new bike was bought. Their dealer is not accomodating. That I attend multiple track days, ride with guys on bike runs/rides etc. And everyone I meet, I'm going to advise against purchasing Kawasaki if they don't resolve the issue". I also threw in a 'Should've bought a Honda" lol.

2 weeks later Kawasaki said they shipped a new fairing to the dealer; Freedom then tried to tell me that I would have to pay for labor etc. Told them to get ****ed. Kawasaki said they would reimburse the dealer.

Kawasaki was money in dealing with the issue. the issue was 100% on Freedom's cheap/shady ass.

.....after all this..............I lowsided the bike about a week later and totaled it lol. So Freedom was left sitting there with a new Fairing.

By the way don't go to Freedom if you have a choice. I'm sure some have had good experiences but nearly everyone I've ridden with avoids them like the Plague. There's the main dude there, who's name escapes me at the moment, that is a complete asshole. Everyone I know, knows of this guy. Tall dude. When I bought the bike, it was a model leftover by like 1.5 yrs. It was for $7700. He asked 'what'll it take to get you into this"? I said "7K'. He laughed and said the best he could do was $7550. . Realize, this was February, drizzly cold, snow. Asshole called back about a month later and asked if I was still interested in the Kawi. I said 'yes'. he asked 'what'll it take to get you into this". I said "$7K'. He 'said oh I can't do that'. That afternoon he asked again, I said 7K and he said "Deal".

Reno's is great. Donnells is good etc.

Last edited by Dayze; 06-07-2013 at 03:18 PM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.