Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #32
Resident Glue Sniffer

Possibly. I've always found Twin cyls to be a little finicky if short-shifted / shifted too soon. My Yamaha did it too. Twins produce a lot more torque and the gearing isn't as close as say a 4cyl superbike. In 'general'. The torque lets you chill in whatever gear and the it lets you roll on with enough power. As opposed to a 4cyl where the gears are so close you're constantly shifting to stay in the meat of the power band.

When I test rode the Ducati Monster 696 and 1100 it clanked a bit. Took some getting used to after hopping of the slick gearbox of 600RR. But nothing that couldn't be gotten used to if that makes any sense.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.