Thread: Football Nick Saban vs Jimbo Fisher
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 04:57 AM   #43
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Look - complain all you want about equity.

But understand that college sports will suck if this keeps up.

Everyone wants to make this some moral dilemma and that’s fine. I’m simply saying that if you care to actually have an entertaining product in 5 years or any sort of vested interest in your college teams, it cannot continue down this road.

Pat yourselves on the back all you want but this is a death knell for college athletics and they’ll be little more than minor league, quasi-professional lesser versions of the big league products (like the G-league and USFL) down the road.

You have kids literally threatening to transfer unless a booster can match an NIL deal someone else offered and you think this is a GOOD thing for college athletics as an entertainment product, eh?
I don't agree with players transferring for the sole purpose of a booster being able to match a NIL deal, but the NCAA and its members created this slippery slope by not allowing players to really get any compensation aside from their scholarship, stipend, etc.

I don't think it's great that Northeast Southwest Average State University is more likely to lose their best players in the portal because of this, but the situation is what it is.

The cat's out of the bag and there's not really anyway of going back. That being said, I do think there should be more regulation on NIL, but I don't know how you regulate it.

Also, USFL or any other smaller league won't even really ever be a threat as well for a few reasons:

1. Aggregating the entirety of the dollars going into college football through universities will far out number the total investment by the USFL. Dudes are getting paid like like 40K right now to play in the USFL.

2. The average player is not likely to be physically ready for a full blown professional league at ages 18-19 and maybe even older. They'd get their ass kicked if they don't have proper strength and conditioning and aren't a genetic freak.

G-League is more of a threat to college for top talent, but with NIL I don't see it as much of a threat.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.