Thread: Movies and TV New Star Wars TV & Film Repository
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM   #200
Supporter

This is from a new interview with Temuera Morrison about the upcoming Book of Boba Fett

----------

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...avorite-films/

Rotten Tomatoes: Speaking of action, I do have to ask about Boba Fett.

Morrison: My lips are sealed. I can’t say too much about that!

Rotten Tomatoes: Well, I will avoid The Book of Boba Fett. But for The Mandalorian, which everyone has seen, what was it like to return to that character and do that hand-to-hand combat and do things that we hadn’t really seen in a Star Wars movie before?

Morrison: I think that was a blessing for me in a way, in terms of Boba Fett’s history. No one’s actually seen him do anything besides stand there. And of course, his claim to fame was catching the man, I guess. But other than that, he was a pretty elusive bloke. So this was an opportunity again, to work with Robert Rodriguez, who gave it a little bit of an edge. And I think Robert’s ability was to sort of make a good point of making this guy explode. After it, Jon Favreau come up to me and just said, “Congratulations, the fans loved it.”

Rotten Tomatoes: Will we see more of that Boba Fett, the hand-to-hand fighting Boba Fett, in the new series?

Morrison: Well, we can’t say too much, but we’re going to see his past and where he’s been since The Empire Strikes Back. Somebody pointed out he’s been kind of stuck in this one place, and now’s the time to actually go back in time and check out his journey and find out more about him. But yeah, that was the advantage for me, was that we hadn’t seen him do much. And along with Robert Rodriguez as director, we were able to sort of introduce him in a dynamic way, bring him back in a dynamic way alongside the Mandalorian. It was just an honor to be asked back.

Hey, it could have gone anywhere. It’s a new time, and I think they’re looking for fresh faces. And of course, again, it was either Dave Filoni or Jon Favreau probably meeting, and then had a few discussions. I was just kind of quietly thrilled when I did do the meeting. I saw a couple of concept photos on the wall and there was a guy that looked very, very similar to me. And I kept saying, “Is that me? Yeah, it must be me. Yeah, it is me!”. And then of course, after having a good meeting with these guys and they outlined a few things, it was just wonderful. Again, it was nice to work with these people, and it was just a great opportunity. They brought Robert back in to direct a few more. There’s some wonderful directors involved. It’s hard work now, what we do now, a whole new system, with COVID in place, health and safety regulations.

I just hope I meet the expectations, because you can somehow kind of feel those things. You asked me that question earlier about Occupation – could you feel or sense anything, but definitely on The Book of Boba, you can get more of a sense and a feeling for if it’s working or not. So I think with being involved with that last series of The Mandalorian and having a reentry, it has created a little bit more expectation.

But yeah, I feel good. We’ve done some good work.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.