Thread: DT Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 03:12 AM   #112
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
Your argument completely ignores our need. I think you have to consider that. Our defense was 2nd overall last year but our run defense was 18th. Our run defense is a problem and Sweat occupies two blockers like few lineman can. He also has the ability to rush the passer and even if he doesn’t get there, he likely gets double teamed and frees up another rusher. I get the third and long argument but he can play on all the rest of those down. I’d take sweat in a heartbeat at 64. Our run defense is instantly better and he can help rush the passer and free up Chris jones. Those two together would be lethal.
I agree with Chris. 2nd overall with only 18th in run defense means you don't don't really need to improve the run defense - you were 2nd overall. A guy like Sweat would be great in isolation, but not worth what he would cost.

Plus, this was the offenses worst season in the Mahomes era, opposing offenses had leads and could run the ball a healthy amount. You get this offense back to 2022 levels and start piling up some points, opponents are not going to be able to run the ball as much.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote