View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 07:16 PM   #847
Starter

Tacoma Trash Pandas’ Draft

Begrudgingly, I am accepting the OBJ trade because I see no other way to protect our starting quarterbacks blindside this season.

I am accepting the Chiefs draft day trade, acquiring 5-162 and 6-226 for 5-175 and 6-207.

I’m also stealing Kccrow’s trade down, swapping #5-181 for the Bear’s #6-208, #6-221, and #6-228 in an effort to have more unique players on my new expansion team (trying to diversify as quickly as possible).

I really wanted to make 100% unique selections different from the Chiefs, but a few of our selections were just too much value to pass up.

———————————————

#2-58 Carlos Basham Jr., DE, Wake Forrest (Bills)

Basham is a big and athletic pass rusher who is capable of playing both outside and inside in a four man front. Although Buffalos edge position is very crowded with two servicable starters and Gregory Rousseau, I think Basham’s flexibility will allow him to see the field early and flourish. Looking ahead to the Trash Panda’s 2022 roster, this move was ,add proactively to give me flexibility in next years draft.

I also heavily considered Nick Bolton and Paulson Adebo at this spot. I passed on Bolton in an effort to diversify my roster from the Chiefs and Adebo because of injury concerns, even though he likely starts for the Saints this season.

#2-63 Creed Humphrey, OC, Oklahoma (Chiefs)

Brett Veach may be no Kellerfox, but he did have the right idea here. I can’t pass up the opportunity to draft the best center in the 2021 class who should be an instant starter.

#4-144 Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis (Eagles)

While I love the idea of finding a long term answer at TE2 and considered taking a Brevin Jordan, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to lock in the drafts 4th best RB this late. Gainwell should slip into the RB2 role for the Eagles and is a fairly similar player to fellow Tiger Antonio Gibson in terms of play style. Given that Miles Saunders is made of glass, o expect Gainwell to see significant action this season and trust that he will never look back once he has seized his opportunity.

#5-162 Frank Darby, WR, Arizona State (Falcons)

In our quest for WR depth after the departure of Sammy Watkins, the Trash Pandas turn to Frank Darby. Darby is a bit of a tweener who is tough enough to make the tough catches in the middle but also has enough speed to get open deep. I like the opportunity he has in Atlanta to see early playing time which will spring board him into a hall of fame career.

#6-208 Isaiah McDuffie, LB, Boston College (Packers)

Undersized but great mobility. The Trash Pandas are going to give McDuffie a year or two to show us some upside, but we anticipate that LB will be a big need for us next year.

#6-221 Tay Gowan, CB, Central Florida (Cardinals)

Tay was a bit of a draft enigma. He was a late declaration, did not participate in camps, and has minimal film. Word on the street is, some teams had him slotted as high as the 4th so he is great value at this point and is primed to see snaps for the Cardinals this year.

#6-226 Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee (Chiefs)

How could I say no? 2nd round talent at #226? Like the Chiefs, I’m rolling the dice than Smith is healthy enough to be a long term solution at RG.

#6-228 Khyris Tonga, DT, BYU (Bears)

Big DT to reinforce the center of our DL, we see Tonga having great value as a late round flier. The knock against him is athleticism, he relies too heavily on strength. Will that allow him to succeed in the NFL? We shall see...

Last edited by Kellerfox; 05-03-2021 at 07:25 PM..
Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote