Thread: Chiefs Shooting at the parade
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 02:14 PM   #1600
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Uhhh.....yeah....no. It doesn't work that way. I take it that you have never been on a jury.

The 2 times I was on a jury, during jury selection, they never said anything about the case during their questioning of potential jurors.
I live in a rural area. Between the sheriff, city pd, and the docket you have a really good idea of who is coming up for trial unless it's a change of venue from out of the area. For whatever reason, our circuit doesn't get many of those.

Here, they absolutely start with figuring out if you know any of the people involved. If you partied with the wrong crowd growing up, there's a 50% chance you're getting the exit with a "Ya, I grew up with him, his brother has always been a thief but I will give him a fair shake on this if chosen". Nope, excused with the quickness every time. If that doesn't work, the current PA and my family have ties so the defense will throw up a hell no from that side as well.

I assume the above sounds crazy to someone in a metro area where no one knows anyone the majority of the time.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.